Ep #92: Ray Alcorn shares the lessons he has learned from his 35+ years as a CRE investor with more than $250 million in transactions under his belt.
November 3, 2015
Our guest for this week’s show is commercial real estate investor and developer, Ray Alcorn. I have studied Ray’s teachings for many years and was very excited when we finally landed him as a guest on our show. Since 1980, Ray has been active in the acquisition, sale, development, financing, and equity placement of income producing properties valued at over $250,000,000. His experience covers a wide range of real estate, including retail, office, multi-family, manufactured housing, hotel and restaurant properties.
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- How Ray got his start in the Real Estate business by doing various low paying jobs for his father who then owned a large mobile home retailer.
- Why he decided to leave the comfort of his family business at a young age to venture out and do his own development deals.
- The reasons why he feels that the 12 years spent on the board of his local planning commission were the years where he obtained his best real estate education.
- Why Ray says that you should never waiver from your investment criteria…no matter what.
- Why he feels that we’re on the verge of another market correction and how he plans on dealing with it.
- Ray shares with us his proven process of repositioning value-add office properties.
- What advice he would give himself if he could go back and have a conversation with himself when he was just getting started.
- Why he encourages new investors to get their feet wet by working for a professional property management company.
- And much more
- Ray Alcorn – Company Website
- Download my free success guide, “7 habits of highly successful multi-family investors” by going to www.KevinBupp.com/guide
- Schedule a free 30 minute “no obligation” 30 minute call directly with me by clicking this link https://www.timetrade.com/book/KV2D2
- Looking to invest in Mobile Home Parks? Want to partner with me personally on a deal? Click this link to schedule a time for us to talk https://www.timetrade.com/book/FGF7S
- Learn more about today’s guest by visiting www.ParkRealty.com