Ep #86: Asset Protection Advice for Real Estate Investors – With Clint Coons
September 8, 2015
Our guest for this week’s show is Asset protection specialist, active real estate investor, and real estate attorney, Clint Coons. In today’s show we’re going to speak with Clint about how we, the real estate investor, can best protect our real estate investments.
I’ve received multiple emails over the past few months from listeners who had questions regarding asset protection and I thought that the best way to cover the topic would be by bringing an expert on the show.
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- How Clint got his start as both a Real Estate Attorney and active real Estate investor
- Why you should never take title to an investment property in your own name…ever!
- Why having the appropriate insurance coverage on your properties doesn’t mean that your assets are properly protected.
- Why obtaining a loan for a real estate deal from the bank that you keep most of your money with is a big no-no and what you need to do to protect yourself.
- Why an LLC is the preferred entity structure when forming a JV partnership.
- What a series LLC is and when it makes sense to use it.
- Why you should never allow your CPA to setup your entity structure
- Why it’s best to create the entity for your holding company in Wyoming or Nevada, no matter where you live or invest
- The right questions to ask in order to find the right real estate attorney and asset protection specialist for your unique needs.
- The reason you should never setup your LLC as member managed.
- Why you need to start on your asset protection plan now, even if you don’t yet own any properties.
- And much more…
- Clint Coons – Company Website
- Download my free success guide, “7 habits of highly successful multi-family investors” by going to www.KevinBupp.com/guide
- Schedule a free 30 minute “no obligation” 30 minute call directly with me by clicking this link https://www.timetrade.com/book/KV2D2
- Looking to invest in Mobile Home Parks? Want to partner with me personally on a deal? Click this link to schedule a time for us to talk https://www.timetrade.com/book/FGF7S
- Learn more about today’s guest by visiting https://clintcoons.wordpress.com/