Ep #79: Valuable lessons learned from a 30+ year industry veteran & commercial real estate investor – with Bruce Stein
July 20, 2015
This week we’re going to be speaking with commercial real estate expert and 30+ year industry veteran, Bruce Stein. Bruce has experience throughout many different sectors of real estate including hotels, office, multifamily, industrial, retail and single-family residential. He has managed portfolios valued in excess of $850 million, brokered transactions of more than $1 billion, and raised hundreds of millions of equity for various projects – to put it short, he’s a big time player who has a lot of valuable firsthand experience to share with us today.
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- How he got his start in the real estate industry being an asset manager
- How his consulting firm helps investors find, evaluate, and source multi-family and retail investments
- What typical bridge loan terms look like and when it makes sense to use this type of loan for an acquisition
- When it makes sense for someone who has zero track record to bring in an experienced sponsor to get a deal done and how to structure the partnership
- How Bruce identifies and qualifies new potential markets to invest in
- Why he thinks Iowa is a great state to consider investing in
- Why he suggests that you become laser focused on the type of asset you want to invest in as well as the markets where you’ll prospect for these properties.
- The mistakes he’s made during his career and what he learned from them
- How timing the market is critical and how the wrong timing affected him during the recession of 2008
- The suggestions he has for those who are putting together an investor presentation for raising capital.
- And much more
- Bruce Stein – Company Website
- Download my free success guide, “7 habits of highly successful multi-family investors” by going to www.KevinBupp.com/guide
- Schedule a free 30 minute “no obligation” 30 minute call directly with me by clicking this link https://www.timetrade.com/book/KV2D2
- Looking to invest in Mobile Home Parks? Want to partner with me personally on a deal? Click this link to schedule a time for us to talk https://www.timetrade.com/book/FGF7S
- Learn more about today’s guest by visiting http://www.PCS-Funds.com & http://www.RealPropPartners.com