Ep #78: How to benefit by starting your own Multi-Family or Commercial Investment group – with Phyllis Rockower
July 13, 2015
This week we’re going to speaking with real estate expert, Phyllis Rockower. Now, Phyllis doesn’t have an extensive background in multifamily or commercial real estate investing like most of our guests do, but what she does have is a ton of experience in starting up her own investment clubs, which is what we’re going to be discussing in this week’s show.
You see, there are hundreds, if not thousands of real estate investment clubs throughout the US, but the large majority of them are groups who tend to focus on single family investments which isn’t going to benefit you if you are a multifamily or commercial real estate investor. Phyllis is going to discuss how she has successfully built two real estate investment clubs that collectively have over 1000 members and how you can do the same.
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- The benefit of surrounding yourself around like minded investors who have an interest in the same type of real estate that you do.
- How to leverage the existing REIA clubs in your area to market your new Multi-Family or commercial investment club to.
- Why she feels that creating a club solely for the intent of making a profit is the wrong idea.
- Why using meetup.com is the single best way to get your group launched and know by the masses.
- Why she suggests that you keep your group small, similar to a mastermind format
- How you might be able to leverage an existing clubs audience by creating a separate sub-group within the existing organization.
- How a group format can help you significantly increase your buying power by means of partnering
- Why you don’t need to be a multifamily or commercial expert or have a track record to start your own club
- How to quickly grow your club by sending a targeted direct mail campaign to other local multifamily owners
- Why you shouldn’t waste the time or energy on building a website or business plan prior to launching your group.
- Why you should create a legal waiver and have all members sign it releasing you as the organizer from liability.
- And much more
- Phyllis Rockower
- Download my free success guide, “7 habits of highly successful multi-family investors” by going to www.KevinBupp.com/guide
- Schedule a free 30 minute “no obligation” 30 minute call directly with me by clicking this link https://www.timetrade.com/book/KV2D2
- Looking to invest in Mobile Home Parks? Want to partner with me personally on a deal? Click this link to schedule a time for us to talk https://www.timetrade.com/book/FGF7S