Ep #71: Words of Wisdom from an Extended Stay Hotel Developer and Multifamily Investor – with Chris Winterhalter
May 25, 2015
This week we’re going to speaking with multifamily investment expert and hotel entrepreneur, Chris Winterhalter. Chris is a self-taught real estate investor who has built quite the impressive resume and track record during his short time in this business.
Chris started with fixing and flipping single family homes before moving onto multifamily investments. In addition to his current investments he’s also active in a national extended stay development project, and based on his financial projections the numbers look pretty darn exciting.
Chris is a top-notch guy and I’m positive that you’ll enjoy our interview together.
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- How he got started as investor during one of the worst times in real estate history which was during the financial crisis of 2008
- What qualities initially attracted him to multi-family apartments as a primary investment vehicle
- How he transitioned from doing single family fix and flips to purchasing his first 12 unit multifamily building
- What economic fundamentals drew him to the St Louis marketplace
- How we was able to build a team in the St Louis market which allowed him to still be a long distance owner
- Why he classifies his remaining single family rentals as pesky and wishes he didn’t have them in his portfolio
- Learn where and how he’s finding most of his deals
- Some of the challenges he ran up against when first stepping into the multifamily arena and how he overcame them.
- Why he is excited about the extended stay hotel business
- How he was able to get into the hotel development business without ever having experience in this sector of real estate
- What he would change in his investment business if he could go back in time and start all over again
- And much more
- Chris Winterhalter – Company Website
- Download my free success guide, “7 habits of highly successful multi-family investors” by going to www.KevinBupp.com/guide
- Schedule a free 30 minute “no obligation” 30 minute call directly with me by clicking this link https://www.timetrade.com/book/KV2D2
- Looking to invest in Mobile Home Parks? Want to partner with me personally on a deal? Click this link to schedule a time for us to talk https://www.timetrade.com/book/FGF7S
- Learn more about Chris and his company, please visit www.HotelRehabs.com