Ep #60: Police Officer turned Real Estate Investor with more than $200 million in acquisitions under his belt – with Brian Burke
March 9, 2015
Our guest for this week’s show is Brian Burke who is the co-founder and managing director of Praxis Capital and CEO of Praxis Residential, which is a privately held RE investment firm based in Northern California who is active in both the single family and multi-family space and has completed well over $200 million in acquisitions.
Brian and his team have been absolutely kicking butt and during this interview Brian shares with us some of his secret sauce that has attributed to his success as an investor, but I’ll warn you ahead of time that the primary ingredients of this secret sauce are loads of hard work and thorough education. One of the most impressive parts of Brian’s story is how he started his professional career as a police officer and invested in real estate in his spare time. In fact, he worked a full-time job for a # of years before taking the leap of faith into becoming a full-time real estate investor.
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- How he was able to build a rental portfolio while working a full-time job
- The steps he took to self educate himself into becoming a real estate investor
- Why he feels it’s critical to prove your investment concept with your own money before taking investors capital
- Learn the different fund structures that Brian uses for his different projects
- What markets he’s excited about today and why
- What his crystal ball is telling him about the next few years
- His goal to underwrite 1 multi-family deal per day with the goal of buying 2-3 deals in 2015
- And much more..
- Brian Burke – Company Website
- Download my free success guide, “7 habits of highly successful multi-family investors” by going to www.KevinBupp.com/guide
- Schedule a free “no obligation” call directly with Kevin by clicking this link https://www.timetrade.com/book/KV2D2
- Looking to invest in Mobile Home Parks? Want to partner with the industry experts? Check out http://www.SunriseCapitalInvestors.com
- Check out Brian’s company @ http://www.PraxCap.com