Ep #36: How To Successfully Build a Multi-Million Dollar RE Portfolio While Working a Full-Time Job – with Kevin Young
September 8, 2014
Working a full time job while investing in real estate is not always an easy task – but as our guest today shows us, it’s very possible if you put your mind to it and take the right steps. On today’s show we speak with Kevin Young, a real estate investor who has built up an impressive Commercial Real Estate portfolio all while working a very demanding full time job.
Kevin’s story is proof that it’s possible to become a successful commercial real estate investor while working a full-time job as long as you’re willing to put in the time and get the proper education and align yourself with the proper people within the industry who can help you reach your financial goals.
Oh, and if working a full-time job isn’t enough, Kevin is an Ironman Triathlete who trains on average 15-20 hours per week. The point I’m trying to make by telling you all of this is that there are no excuses of why YOU can’t build a CASH FLOWING commercial real estate portfolio while working your current job. The proof is right here ladies and gentleman!
In this episode, Kevin shares with us the processes and systems that he’s used to build his real estate portfolio and how anyone listening to this show can yield the same results if they take the proper steps.
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- How he got started in the RE business
- His first steps to getting educated and why he feels the CCIM course are imperative to your success as an investor
- The big lessons he learned on his first deal
- The importance of surrounding yourself with a team of professionals who know the business
- Why sometimes it’s a bad idea to get family financially involved in your RE transactions
- How has learned how to successfully structured his life to allow him to work his full-time job, be a part-time investor, and also be involved in multiple other hobbies
- Why it’s important to learn how to talk the talk, before you walk the walk
- And much more…
- Kevin Young