Ep #34: The Fast Track to Success in Multi-Family Investing – with Jonathan Twombly
August 25, 2014
Jonathan is President and Managing Member of Two Bridges Asset Management LLC. Before founding Two Bridges, he was a partner in the real estate investment firm TRB Investment Group LLC. He began his career as a lawyer and spent over a decade practicing in American Lawyer Top 100 firms, where he focused on real estate and hospitality matters. Jonathan holds a bachelor’s degree from Harvard College and a law degree from Columbia University School of Law. He currently serves as a vice president of the Harvard Real Estate Alumni Organization.
Although he only made his first apartment acquisition less than a year ago, Jonathan is already working on his third apartment deal and currently owns/manages 234 Multi-Family units in the Greenville-Spartanburg, SC area and has plans to build his portfolio up to 1000+ units within the next few years.
In this episode, Jonathan will speak with us candidly about his real estate investing business and how anyone listening to this show can yield the same results if they take the right path.
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- The roadblocks he ran into trying to finance his first deal and how he overcame them
- What key indicators he looks for in a market to determine whether or not he’ll invest there
- How finding an already experienced investor to partner with proved invaluable to his current success
- Why he feels it’s so vitally important to get your first few deals done to create a track record for yourself
- Why he feels it’s imperative to build long lasting relationships with brokers if you want to be successful in this business
- Why he wholeheartedly believes in using 3rd party management companies to run his properties
- And much more…
- Jonathan Twombly – Two Bridges Asset Management