Ep 29: Learn how this 36 year old investor built a portfolio of 4,500 units in just 7 years – with Carlos Vaz
July 21, 2014
Carlos has built his success from the ground up and is a true, rags to riches story that needs to be told. Carlos worked his way up the ranks and built skill by starting as a laborer for a construction firm and methodically working his way all the way to project manager before making a career jump into the mortgage industry which was the start of something really BIG!
Carlos worked in the mortgage industry only a short time before realizing that he could make way more money investing in real estate. So he began buying single family investment properties in the Boston area where he bought and sold over 34 houses in just 2 short years. He moved to Dallas in 2008 and started the Conti Organization with few contacts, limited funds and little multifamily experience, but has his mind set on doing big things in his business.
His first multi-family acquisition was a 208-unit apartment building which he bought in March of 2008 and over the past 7 years has gone onto grow his apartment investment company to almost 4,500 units and $100+ million, all accomplished by the age of 36.
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- How he’s been able to realize so much success in such a short period of time
- How his upbringing played a major role in his strong work ethic
- Why networking with brokers and appraisers is critical to your success as a CRE investor
- The 4 things things you always need to be doing to grow your RE business
- How Carlos determines which markets he invests in
- The essential steps to raising money for your deals
- And much more…
- Carlos Vaz with the Conti Orginization