Ep #239: Learn How To Profit from the Debt Side of a Commercial Real Estate Investment — with Ira Zlotowitz
July 23, 2019
In this episode of the Real Estate Investing for Cashflow podcast, Kevin welcomes commercial real estate and finance expert, Ira Zlotowitz. Ira is the founder and president of Eastern Union Funding, one of the largest national real estate firm with over a hundred real estate professionals and they have closed more than $2.5 billion in just the last twelve months.
Ira talks about Eastern Union Funding as well as one of his more recent ventures, The Ira Group and shares how he built one of the largest brokerages in the country. He explains how lending can actually help in commercial real estate investment and clarifies the advantages of investing from the debt side of things in lieu of the usual syndicated equity investments. Kevin and Ira also discuss how one can be successful in commercial real estate.
“Over time we grew into all other deals, but we don’t forget our roots and we start this way, we find our niche and we double down on that area.”
“As Eastern Union as the broker, we’ll typically work through full transactions, some look at $5 million, $3million or $100 million, we’ll find a lender for that sorts. Through the Ira group, it’s when the lender is looking for participation in loans, primarily bridge loans..”
“I’m gonna bring people that want to participate into loans and bring them to crowdfunding platforms or to individual lenders throughout the country.”
“What I also tell people is that the best deal that you should probably start with, if you’re about to invest equity in the deal, if you’re starting a bit nervous then it might be overpriced, maybe you can sit on that same deal and go to the debt side of that deal.”
“You only want to try to do deals that the initial term are officially only twelve months.”
- 8:02 Ira’s background and the Ira group
- 13:10 Ideal investor
- 19:01 Roadblocks in understanding debt in investment
- 24:04 Time span of bridge loans
- 27:26 Ira talks about staying focused, knowing one’s strengths and weaknesses
Job Opportunities with my Team: Click Here
- Check out our company and our partnership opportunities by visiting SunriseCapitalInvestors.com
- Would you like to partner with us on future MHP deals, call 844-CASH-FLW to learn more or click here to schedule a time on our calendar.
- Grab a free copy of our book “The 21 Biggest Mistakes Investors Make When Purchasing their First Mobile Home Park…and how to avoid them click here
Review and Subscribe