#268: Heavy Value-Add Investing, Operating within Rent Control Markets, and Finding the Positive Even in the Toughest of Times – With Max Sharkansky
March 30, 2020
Max Sharkansky is the co-founder of Trion Properties and oversees all aspects of acquisition, disposition, and property analysis for the firm. Since founding Trion Properties, Max has led the acquisition, renovation and disposition of over $300,000,000 in mismanaged and distressed assets.
Prior to co-founding Trion Properties, Max was a Senior Associate at Marcus & Millichap from 2002 through 2006. While at Marcus & Millichap, Max managed the sale of several million dollars in real estate throughout the continental United States, specifically in the multifamily arena, elevating him to one of the top-ranking brokers in Los Angeles.
What You’ll Learn:
- How Max got started in RE shortly after college as a Multifamily broker with Marcus and Millichap.
- How Max transitioned from the distressed debt side to owning the physical assets.
- What specific fundamentals changed leading into 2007 that signaled that there might be uncertain times ahead.
- How Max and his team define “Heavy Value-Add” and why they prefer this type of opportunity versus a more stabilized asset.
- The formula that his team uses to ensure that they never over improve an asset to where the return doesn’t justify the cost of improvements made.
- How Max navigates operating in states that have a high risk of rent Control restrictions.
- Why Max prefers a vertically integrated property management and construction versus outsourcing to a third party firm.
- And much, much more…
Max’s Website: Click Here
- Check out our company and our investment opportunity by visiting SunriseCapitalInvestors.com
- Self Directed IRA Investment Opportunity – Click Here To Learn More About How You Can Invest With Us Through Your SDIRA
- Accredited Investors Click Here to learn more about partnering with me and my team on Mobile Home Park deals!
- Grab a free copy of my latest book “The 21 Biggest Mistakes Investors Make When Purchasing their First Mobile Home Park…and how to avoid them Click Here
- Schedule your free 30 minute “no obligation” call directly with Kevin by clicking this link https://www.timetrade.com/book/KV2D2
Review and Subscribe