Our guest for this week’s show is Real Estate Attorney and securities & syndication expert, Gene Trowbridge. In today’s show we’re going to speak with Gene about his experience as a real estate syndicator and how that led him into becoming a real estate and securities attorney who specializes in working with real estate investors like you and I who are looking to raise private capital to fund out deals.
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- How he got his start in the business by first being a real estate syndicator that specialized in developing self-storage properties before deciding to venture off to law school at the age of 45.
- How the JOBS act has made it less restrictive for syndicators to advertise and raise money for their deals.
- Learn the 4 steps of the sales process for selling your investment offering to a prospective investor.
- What you need to know before structuring your first syndication to ensure you are setting yourself up for success.
- Why it’s absolutely critical to build some experience in the buy antibiotics to treat chlamydia particular asset class you want to invest in prior to raising private capital from investors.
- How teaming or partnering with an experienced investor is a great way for first time syndicators to get their first deal done.
- Why it always makes sense to have at least 1 partner in your syndication, even if you don’t feel you necessarily need a partner.
- Learn the difference between a syndication and a JV partnership and why it’s critical to know which one is best suited for your particular structure.
- Why you as the sponsor of the syndication should be prepared to have some of your own money/skin to put into the deal.
- What kind of costs and expenses you can expect when forming your syndication.
- What crowdfunding really is and how this term is commonly misused and widely misunderstood.
- And much more…
- Gene Trowbridge – Company Website
- Download my free success guide, “7 habits of highly successful multi-family investors” by going to www.KevinBupp.com/guide
- Schedule a free 30 minute “no obligation” 30 minute call directly with me by clicking this link https://www.timetrade.com/book/KV2D2
- Looking to invest in Mobile Home Parks? Want to partner with me personally on a deal? Click this link to schedule a time for us to talk https://www.timetrade.com/book/FGF7S
- Learn more about today’s guest by visiting www.SyndicationLawyers.com