In this episode of the Real Estate Investing for Cash Flow Podcast, Kevin talks to real estate expert Ian Formigle. Ian is the vice president of investments at CrowdStreet, an online commercial real estate platform that helps diversify portfolios with institutional-quality, expertly reviewed, commercial real estate investments. He is also the author of the book “A Comprehensive Guide to Real Estate Investing”.
In this podcast, Ian shares how he got into the business as a multi family home investor. He talks about the 2008 financial crisis and gives some insights into what could have been done better. Ian explains what they do at CrowdStreet and breaks down the process of how they connect and work with sponsors and investors. He also differentiates between three ways investors can invest through CrowdStreet.
“Just because something is going better than you think it could go, well maybe you should ask yourself what’s going on there because probably it’s unsustainable.”
“For every one hundred potential deals that show up on our doorstep, five of them actually make it onto the market place.”
“If we’re going to be in a deal, there has to be a relevancy there, nobody’s doing this for fun, we’re doing it because there is a product market fit between sponsor and investor at the end of the day.”
“So what we do is we give investors good tools to analyze and track their portfolio in their own dashboard and so that’s what the investors look in for, and so we are the communication infrastructure…”
“These days, we’re finding that the typical sponsor on the market place has started on average to over two billion dollar worth of deals, has been in multiple markets and has ten plus years of operating experience in the entity level.”
- 6:46 Ian’s background
- 13:09 Ian explains how CrowdStreet operates
- 25:49 Long term projections and sensitivity controls
- 34:21 What the future looks like with crowdfunding
- 38:26 Three ways to invest via CrowdStreet
Job Opportunities with my Team: Click Here
- Check out our company and our partnership opportunities by visiting SunriseCapitalInvestors.com
- Would you like to partner with us on future MHP deals, call 844-CASH-FLW to learn more or click here to schedule a time on our calendar.
- Grab a free copy of our book “The 21 Biggest Mistakes Investors Make When Purchasing their First Mobile Home Park…and how to avoid them click here
- The Comprehensive Guide to Real Estate Investing by Ian Formigle (book)
Review and Subscribe