Ep #138: The Art of Becoming a Successful Passive Real Estate Investor – with Jeremy Roll
March 9, 2017
Our guest for this week’s show is Passive Commercial Real Estate Investment Expert, Jeremy Roll
Jeremy has been an active real estate and business investor for over 15 years who left the corporate world in 2007 to become a full-time passive cash flow investor. He is currently an investor in more than 70 opportunities across over $500 Million worth of real estate and business assets.
As Founder and President of Roll Investment Group, Jeremy manages a group of over 1,000 investors in the US and Canada who seek passive/managed investments in real estate and businesses. Jeremy also co-founded For Investors By Investors (FIBI), a non-profit organization, in 2007 with the goal of networking with, learning from, and helping other investors. FIBI is now the largest group of public real estate investor meetings in California with over 23,000 members.
I actually had the pleasure of meeting Jeremy in person a few weeks back our in Denver at a real estate conference we were both speaking at and I have to say that this man is brilliant and is someone you need to be listening to. He is 100% data driven when it comes to his investing style, which has proved very successful in his 15 years of being a passive investor.
Here’s What You’ll Learn:
- Why he prefers passive investments versus being the lead sponsor of a syndication
- Jeremy’s’ definition of diversification and what that means to a passive investor
- Why he prefers operators who focus on no more than two different asset types at a time.
- Jeremy’s advice on becoming an expert in a particular asset class prior to becoming a passive investor
- The best methods for seeking out the various private offerings available to passive investors
- How to property vet the sponsors of an opportunity.
- What circumstances would cause a yellow flag versus a red flag when considering opportunities.
- Why he loves mobile home parks and self storage facilities during both the good times as well as the bad parts of a real estate cycle
- Why you should be cautious if you’re buying in todays market
- And much more…
- Download my free success guide, “7 habits of highly successful multi-family investors” by going to KevinBupp.com/guide
- Schedule your free 30 minute “no obligation” call directly with Kevin by clicking this link https://www.timetrade.com/book/KV2D2
- Looking to invest in Mobile Home Parks? Want to JV with me on deals? If so, schedule a call with me and let’s talk. Click here https://www.timetrade.com/book/KT36S
- Grab a free copy of my latest book “The 21 Biggest Mistakes Investors Make When Purchasing their First Mobile Home Park…and how to avoid them MobileHomeParkAcademy.com